I had to register again

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
peviem28
Level 1
Level 1

I had to register again

Post by peviem28 »

After years of using windows 10, i had to increase the size of the WinRE-partition with gparted to install KB5034441 and by the way installed linux mint cinnamon in it's newest version again. I accidently deleted the msr-partition and couldn't boot windows anymore until i copied it from another disk. i hoped linux mint or let's say grub2 would help me but i found another way. If there's any trouble like the clock right now (RTC/UTC) i would post it on a forum and hopefully/thankfully someone would help me but:

i have a huge database, full of passwords and nicknames. i don't know when i registered my account the first time. i logged in on forums.linuxmint.com from the data in my database and it wasn't possible. i have even registered with the same nick but different password, so registration was possible. Did you delete my account? why? for not logging in for years? Did you delete ALL my post? :oops: :(

30 gb with btrfs and apt install numlockx with numlockx on later on after Menu>Administration>Login Window (Anmeldefester) => settings (einstellungen) right on top! Activate NumLock should be a good start. viewtopic.php?p=1964176#p1964176

so glad i'm bad/back.

30, 30 ... 30. 30 gb
Last edited by peviem28 on Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:47 am, edited 4 times in total.
karlchen
Level 23
Level 23

Re: I had to register again

Post by karlchen »

Hello, peviem28.
peviem28 wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 9:08 am [...] i don't know when i registered my account the first time. i logged in on forums.linuxmint.com from the data in my database and it wasn't possible. i have even registered with the same nick but different password, so registration was possible. Did you delete my account? why? for not logging in for years? Did you delete ALL my post? :oops: :(
You might like to click on the link labelled "Contact us", which can be spotted at the bottom of each forum page.
This will permit your to ask your question whether your account peviem28 had existed in the past, and why it may have been removed at some point in time.
The forum admins might be able to answer this question.

In order to locate posts submitted by a user named "peviem28", use the forum search function in the upper right hand cormer of the screen.
As the only search criterion enter the name peviem28 in the field "Search for author:" peviem28 and click on the [Search] button.

Karl
Last edited by karlchen on Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added quote of the original message text, to which I replied
The people of Alderaan have been bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine for 792 days now.
Lifeline
kc1di
Level 18
Level 18

Post by kc1di »

Hello peviem28,
Welcome Back.
Easy tips : https://easylinuxtipsproject.blogspot.com/ Pjotr's Great Linux projects page.
Linux Mint Installation Guide: http://linuxmint-installation-guide.rea ... en/latest/
Registered Linux User #462608
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

You can find your old posts, there seem to be 9 of them.

search.php?keywords=&terms=all&author=p ... mit=Search

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
breaker
Level 1
Level 1

Post by breaker »

Welcome back!

Yup, my account was removed after years also, and I had to re-register with the same user name. Fun memories from 2008-2012

viewtopic.php?p=636602#p636602
viewtopic.php?p=220639#p220639
viewtopic.php?p=219846#p219846

We were learning about the brand new GRUB2, lol.
deepakdeshp
Level 20
Level 20

Post by deepakdeshp »

Welcome to the forum
If I have helped you solve a problem, please add [SOLVED] to your first post title, it helps other users looking for help.
Regards,
Deepak

Mint 21.1 Cinnamon 64 bit with AMD A6 / 8GB
Mint 21.1 Cinnamon AMD Ryzen3500U/8gb

Return to “Introduce Yourself”