Unable to lock (both manually and with suspend)

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
nightfury7
Level 1
Level 1

Unable to lock (both manually and with suspend)

Post by nightfury7 »

Hi, I've got a problem:

I use Mint Xfce. Since some time I'm unable to lock it (from the menu) and it won't lock when 'Suspend'.

I searched forums, but no straight solution was found. I just found out that I had two screen saver SW installed (xfce4-screensaver and its cinammon analogue). I uninstalled both, it didn't helped.

Power manager is configured accordingly, so I have no idea what is the problem.

Any ideas are very welcomed :)

PS upgrade from 21.2 to 21.3 didn't solve it!
SMG
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Unable to lock (both manually and with suspend)

Post by SMG »

nightfury7 wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 3:26 pm Hi, I've got a problem:

I use Mint Xfce. Since some time I'm unable to lock it (from the menu) and it won't lock when 'Suspend'.

I searched forums, but no straight solution was found. I just found out that I had two screen saver SW installed (xfce4-screensaver and its cinammon analogue). I uninstalled both, it didn't helped.
Welcome to the forum, nightfury7.

The lock screen functionality is part of the screensaver so you need one installed. I suggest reinstalling xfce4-screensaver and make sure you have it set to lock.

You might have had the problem originally because the two different screensavers might have been interfering with each other. How did you end up with cinnamon-screensaver on Xfce?
A woman typing on a laptop with LM20.3 Cinnamon.

Return to “Xfce”