black screen after logging in lmde dell xps 2020

Questions about Grub, the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
2blinux
Level 1
Level 1

black screen after logging in lmde dell xps 2020

Post by 2blinux »

Hi I have a Dell XPS 13 2020 with lmde installed, full disc encryption.

When opening my laptop i get the graph interface for entering the encryption password, then the mint logo shows up, then i get the graph interface for logging into my user. but when entering my password the screen goes back with only backlight on and i only see my mouse on the screen. Then i have to wait about 2-5minutes before the desktop shows up.

This started happening last night when the tired me was logging in to my laptop and i had forgot my encryption password, after trying multiple times i got in, but i had once got a message saying i tried to many times.. but either way then i got into the user login screen then after logging in i got the backlit black screen.

I think that these events are correlated but i have never encountered this issue of black screen before this with my lmde machine.

Any way to solve this?
SMG
Level 25
Level 25

Re: black screen after logging in lmde dell xps 2020

Post by SMG »

2blinux wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 4:45 am Hi I have a Dell XPS 13 2020 with lmde installed, full disc encryption.
Please open the System Reports app and click the System Information tab on the left. Your computer's information should come up in the right pane. Then click the Copy button in the lower right and paste the results into a reply window here so we can see how Linux Mint views your hardware.

Sometimes delays in the desktop showing up are related to applets or extensions which have been added. Do you have any of those?
A woman typing on a laptop with LM20.3 Cinnamon.

Return to “Installation & Boot”