Can Not Wake Mint Edge From Suspend

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
SMG
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Can Not Wake Mint Edge From Suspend

Post by SMG »

MintMagoo wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:15 amI just posted on Lenovo, was wondering if I should try NVIDIA and/or Ubunto also?
You're not running Ubuntu so I don't see a reason to post there.

I don't know if Nvidia would be able to help. You could check to see if others have posted a similar issue on the Nvidia forum.
MintMagoo wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:15 amI did try plugging it into the TV using HDMI and the TV kicked in with an alternate desktop. Was still not able to find a way for the laptop monitor to kick back in though and had to reboot to get it back.
That shows Linux Mint and the Nvidia driver are coming back from suspend. This seems to be an issue with powering the laptop display.
A woman typing on a laptop with LM20.3 Cinnamon.
MintMagoo
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Can Not Wake Mint Edge From Suspend

Post by MintMagoo »

Lenovo suggested the latest version of Fedora, but that didn't work either. I then realized that in the past I never bothered with sleep mode with my other Lenov's because it was undependable. It was only the last year or so I started using it, on the Thinkpads it was working but then it stopped working right before the mother board blew on one of them. Replaced the board and it was working, but then stopped again. Just tested 2 thinkpads and it isn't working on either of them at this time. They don't have NVIDiA, ones a T480 the other a T560, being new tech isn't the issue. I had a G500 that lasted 9 years and I just left it on a lot of the time. I've had to replace the motherboard in the T560 this year and the T480's NVDE drive and caddy/board had to be replaced and the speakers stopped working. I'm beginning to wonder if it is more than a coincedence that it coincides with my use of sleep mode.

Return to “Other topics”