Just Finished Backups, Let The Linux Mint Install Begin

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Unchart3dSandb0x
Level 1
Level 1

Just Finished Backups, Let The Linux Mint Install Begin

Post by Unchart3dSandb0x »

Backups from Windows are complete. It took six DVDs. I probably could have done it in five, but I misjudged the first could of backups. I went through the stuff I had an ZIPed up everything. Like I said in a previous post - it was the ZIPping process where I discovered I had several files (mostly PDFs) with unusual punctuation characters. That's when I discovered ‘ is different from '. Something easily missed when looking at a ga-zillion file names. That's another thing ... I sure have a lot of crap on my computer. It's kinda like that junk drawer in the kitchen I keep saying I'm going to clean out - but never do.

Next task is to create the flash drive for the Linux Mint install using Etcher from Balena. I have the ISO file downloaded along with the sha256sum.txt file and sha256sum.txt.gpg files. Let's do this!

Wish me luck.
Last edited by SMG on Fri Feb 16, 2024 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved from Installation & Boot to Chat about Linux Mint because this is not a request for help with an issue installing Linux Mint.
System: ▪ HP Envy Desktop ▪ Intel Core i5-7400 (65 W) 3.0 GHz ▪ 8 GB (2x4 GB) DDR4 ▪ 1TB SATA SSD + 256GB SATA SSD ▪ Linux Mint 21.3 Virginia ▪ Kernel: 5.15... ▪ Cinnamon 6.0.4
Unchart3dSandb0x
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Just Finished Backups, Let The Linux Mint Install Begin

So good, so far...
20240216_174412.jpg
The only thing I'm seeing is a network connection error. Probably nothing to worry about.
System: ▪ HP Envy Desktop ▪ Intel Core i5-7400 (65 W) 3.0 GHz ▪ 8 GB (2x4 GB) DDR4 ▪ 1TB SATA SSD + 256GB SATA SSD ▪ Linux Mint 21.3 Virginia ▪ Kernel: 5.15... ▪ Cinnamon 6.0.4
Unchart3dSandb0x
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Just Finished Backups, Let The Linux Mint Install Begin

SMG, Sorry about the wrong posting area. Your comments make sense. Thanks

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”