HP 2700e Install network Solved

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
AllanKu
Level 1
Level 1

HP 2700e Install network Solved

Post by AllanKu »

Mint 21.2 Desktop ethernet because too far from router. Printer USB connected to desktop. I have installed as local printer, no problem. But need to be on LAN also as have other computers and phone closer to router. I had this working before, but not sure if was before Mint 21 installed. If I had instructons at one time I cannot find them now HPLIP is installed latest version. Printer cannot be placed near router
Thank you
Last edited by AllanKu on Sat Feb 24, 2024 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AZgl1800
Level 20
Level 20
Location: Oklahoma where the wind comes Sweeping down the Plains

Re: HP 2700e Install network

Post by AZgl1800 »

this solution may not be applicable to you,
but I discovered that a Canon TR7420 was not even detected by Mint 21.3, so how to install it?

in my case, knowing that the Canon install instructions specify using a Windows PC and going to a URL to install it,
I just rebooted my Laptop into Win10 and installed the printer.

Worked the first time, no issues at all.

then I rebooted into LM21.3 and Mint immediately found the printer, and prints to it perfectly.

IF,
you don't have a Windows machine, borrow one to install the printer.....
just might save your sanity.
LM21.3 Cinnamon ASUS FX705GM | Donate to Mint https://www.patreon.com/linux_mint
AllanKu
Level 1
Level 1

Re: HP 2700e Install network Solved

Post by AllanKu »

Thanks for your reply, I wonder if I could find the URL some other way? Windows is not available.
Printer is connected by USB and it prints fine from the computer it is connected to. Problem is that it is not detectable on LAN. Computer is connected to router by ethernet as is too far from router for wifi. Printer is at computer location. I had the network printer (Queue) installed at one time, but can't recall how I did it. As a matter of fact it installed two network Queues at the same time, both of which were accessible by wifi
Last edited by AllanKu on Sat Feb 24, 2024 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BillyLinux
Level 4
Level 4

Post by BillyLinux »

just as a temp measure can you move the printer and router so they are closer together? You might then be able to query the printer directly to determine the ip address of the printer. You may even find LM autodetects the printer. If so return everything to its normal place. The wifi network in the router/computer wont forget the printer but it may have some problem printing though.
What about some wifi extenders/boosters/repeaters?
I am just one of the volunteers for a UK charity https://abilitynet.org.uk/
who provides free IT support to older people and disabled people of any age, anywhere in the UK.
AllanKu
Level 1
Level 1

Post by AllanKu »

Problem solved - built, managed, programmed computers from 1985 to 2002 printing was always a mystery. Now of course is very simple except for me. I have a chromebook, laptop running mint 21.2, home built desktop running mint 21.2 and 19.1 on separate drives (wife uses 19.1 and does not want anything newer) Had Win 10 on another drive, but disconnected it.
In any case, printer was on lan so I used IP address to install printer on 19.1 because HPLIP could not see it, and used HPLIP to install it on 21.2. But because printing is a mystery I have no idea why this all would not work 3 days ago!
Thanks for your help

Return to “Printers & Scanners”