Forum crashing

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
MurphCID
Level 15
Level 15

Forum crashing

Post by MurphCID »

The last several days there have been a couple of times where the forum just locks up and is then unavailable.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 30 days after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
stevengarland
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Forum crashing

Post by stevengarland »

Do other things crash also? Sometimes getting into the the forum in some way other than what you usually do is worth trying.
Keep It Simple Sweetheart
MurphCID
Level 15
Level 15

Post by MurphCID »

Nope it is just the forum, and I have been able to make a post and then it just shuts down.
SMG
Level 25
Level 25

Post by SMG »

MurphCID wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 3:32 pm The last several days there have been a couple of times where the forum just locks up and is then unavailable.
Does this mean your web browser is locking up? What browser are you using?
MurphCID wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 7:31 pm Nope it is just the forum, and I have been able to make a post and then it just shuts down.
The forum has not shut down over the past several days so please be specific about what is happening on your computer.
A woman typing on a laptop with LM20.3 Cinnamon.
MurphCID
Level 15
Level 15

Post by MurphCID »

SMG wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:03 pm
MurphCID wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 3:32 pm The last several days there have been a couple of times where the forum just locks up and is then unavailable.
Does this mean your web browser is locking up? What browser are you using?
MurphCID wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 7:31 pm Nope it is just the forum, and I have been able to make a post and then it just shuts down.
The forum has not shut down over the past several days so please be specific about what is happening on your computer.
In Chrome, the forum just quits working, and I get an error that it is not available. But I am also having a hardware issue with the Spectrum Cable router right now, and have to get it replaced today, so it could be related to that, but oddly the Mint forum is the only one where it just stops responding. I always use Chrome across my various computers.
SMG
Level 25
Level 25

Post by SMG »

I'm not familiar with how Chrome works to have any guesses as to what might have been happening.
A woman typing on a laptop with LM20.3 Cinnamon.

Return to “Open Chat”