[SOLVED] Applet "Action buttons" stopped working as normal

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Peter Posto
Level 1
Level 1

[SOLVED] Applet "Action buttons" stopped working as normal

Post by Peter Posto »

After using the "Action buttons" applet for quite a while, it stopped working properly a few days ago.

I had it set up to present me with just one button on the panel which should activate the option "Log out...". Note the three dots: they assure that you get a menu from which you choose the needed action, shutdown, restart, log out, etc.

A few days ago it suddenly did the following: it logged me out instantaneously, and this without any change in configuration!

My workaround was: I configured it to show me three buttons, shutdown, restart and log out. These are working fine and use the confirmation dialog as they are configured.

This morning I gave it a new try and installed a second instance of the "Action buttons" and configured them as I originally had done this: only option "Log out..." to get the full menu of options, plus ask for confirmation. Result: immediate log out.

Any ideas? Thanks a lot in advance!
Last edited by Peter Posto on Sun Feb 25, 2024 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ich weiß nicht, ob es der liebe Gott ist, der uns soviele Probleme macht, oder der Teufel. Auf jeden Fall sorgt der Mensch für die restlichen 99%.
michael-hi
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Applet "Action buttons" stopped working as normal

Post by michael-hi »

Have you ticked the box "Show confirmation dialogue"?
Screenshot.png
EDIT: Oops! I've just seen in your post that you did select that option.

However, I note that the option "Prompt on logout" also appears in Menu > Settings > Session and Startup >General tab so you could perhaps check to make sure it is selected there as well...
Peter Posto
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Applet "Action buttons" stopped working as normal

Post by Peter Posto »

michael-hi wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 5:40 am However, I note that the option "Prompt on logout" also appears in Menu > Settings > Session and Startup >General tab so you could perhaps check to make sure it is selected there as well...
H e y, great! That was it! I didn't realize that this option has such an effect on the action buttons applet! Interesting insight!

Many thanks!
Ich weiß nicht, ob es der liebe Gott ist, der uns soviele Probleme macht, oder der Teufel. Auf jeden Fall sorgt der Mensch für die restlichen 99%.

Return to “Xfce”