Hdd and SSD mounting

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Nafees 17
Level 1
Level 1

Hdd and SSD mounting

Post by Nafees 17 »

I'm a new user and recently installed mint 21.3 watching you tube tutorials. After installation I am not able to open both my SSD and HDD.An error says "Unable to mount location - can't Mount file". What should I do??
Last edited by SMG on Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved from Chat about Linux Mint to Storage because this is a request for help and not chat.
AndyMH
Level 21
Level 21

Re: Hdd and SSD mounting

Post by AndyMH »

I'm am guessing that you have used "my computer". It does not work like "This PC" or whatever MS call it these days. The reason you got the error message when clicking on your system drive is that it is already mounted. Which of your SSD or HDD are the system drive, no idea.

Everything you need to do with "my computer" you can do with your file manager.

If this is incorrect you will need to be more explicit about your problem.
Thinkcentre M720Q - LM21.3 cinnamon, 4 x T430 - LM21.3 cinnamon, Homebrew desktop i5-8400+GTX1080 Cinnamon 19.0
Nafees 17
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Hdd and SSD mounting

Post by Nafees 17 »

Thank you.
My SSD is my system drive. when I enter files system it looks like this. The media folder has the storage of my SSD and the home folder has the storage of my HDD. All other folders have some files which are stored in my SSD.
Is this the right way sir?
Attachments
IMG_20240302_120932.jpg

Return to “Storage”