no keyboard layout option available

Questions about hardware and drivers
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
rdz777
Level 1
Level 1

no keyboard layout option available

Post by rdz777 »

I installed LMDE6 and when I use the menu keyboard I don`t have the layout options. In the moment I can just type in english but I need 2 other layouts. Any suggestions?
MiZoG
Level 8
Level 8

Re: no keyboard layout option available

Post by MiZoG »

Hello rdz777 and welcome to Mint forums

You mean you don't have this "layouts" tab here?

(This is from my LMDE machine)
mrhousy
Level 1
Level 1

Post by mrhousy »

Hi, I have the same problem at the moment.
In the keyboard settings window there is not tab for layouts......

In addition, updates are not working anymore, that means it shows up updates to install but hitting the update button nothing happens.....
Many thanks!!
Marc
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

mrhousy wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:21 am In addition, updates are not working anymore, that means it shows up updates to install but hitting the update button nothing happens.....
Hello, that soounds like a different problem, so please start your own topic for that. Thanks and welcome to the forums!

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
mrhousy
Level 1
Level 1

Post by mrhousy »

Hi and many thanks for your reply.
I got it to solve it for me for the moment. I noticed that on the log-on screen not the usual Cinnamon option was selected but the option Cinnamon on Wayland (Experimental). If I logon with this option, the Keyboard layout tab is not present in the keyboard setting window.
Also the language flag in the system panel disappears and when I try to remove it and add it again to the panel, it flashes quickly but disappears immediately.

When I select Cinnamon (standard) in the logon screen all works as expected..... Layout tab is back again and language flag is there as well.... :shock: :D :D :D :D :D :D
Many thanks and I wish you a good day!!!
Ciao,
Marc
SMG
Level 25
Level 25

Post by SMG »

mrhousy wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 6:32 amI got it to solve it for me for the moment. I noticed that on the log-on screen not the usual Cinnamon option was selected but the option Cinnamon on Wayland (Experimental). If I logon with this option, the Keyboard layout tab is not present in the keyboard setting window.
Also the language flag in the system panel disappears and when I try to remove it and add it again to the panel, it flashes quickly but disappears immediately.

When I select Cinnamon (standard) in the logon screen all works as expected..... Layout tab is back again and language flag is there as well.... :shock: :D :D :D :D :D :D
Many thanks and I wish you a good day!!!
Ciao,
Marc
That is a known issue with Cinnamon on Wayland.
A woman typing on a laptop with LM20.3 Cinnamon.

Return to “Hardware Support”