[SOLVED] launcher add to panel/add to desktop - add another choice?

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
fatso
Level 4
Level 4

[SOLVED] launcher add to panel/add to desktop - add another choice?

Post by fatso »

Hi everybody.
I'm wondering if it's possible to add something to the main menu.
When you right-click on an app in the menu, you can add that item to the panel or the desktop. Is it possible to add a 3rd option? I'd like to be able to send a copy of the launcher to a folder. It's for a folder/file driven "quick launch" menu system I designed.

Thanks in advance!
Last edited by fatso on Sat Mar 09, 2024 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mikeflan
Level 17
Level 17

Re: launcher add to panel/add to desktop - add another choice?

Post by mikeflan »

Is it possible to add a 3rd option? I'd like to be able to send a copy of the launcher to a folder.
Hey fatso. We haven't seen you in a while.

I say it is far easier to move it from the desktop, than to try to add a 3rd option.
fatso
Level 4
Level 4

Post by fatso »

mikeflan wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 1:15 pm
Is it possible to add a 3rd option? I'd like to be able to send a copy of the launcher to a folder.
Hey fatso. We haven't seen you in a while.

I say it is far easier to move it from the desktop, than to try to add a 3rd option.
Hello back at ya mikeflan! I ain't been around here cuz I've been tied up with my new business...designing/making props. :D
I figured what I'm asking wouldn't be so easy, but I'm also not afraid of a challenge. Moving .desktop files from the desktop is how I do things now, was just hoping I could have a more efficient method. Thanks for the feedback anyway. :)
fatso
Level 4
Level 4

Post by fatso »

Well, it didn't take much digging to find a more workable solution.
Since launchers are stored in /usr/share/applications and ~/.local/share/applications, I can just add a file browser of sorts to my app and select stuff to add from there.
Marking as solved.

Return to “MATE”