And another one gets put on my refuse to use list !!!

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
AndyMH
Level 21
Level 21

Re: And another one gets put on my refuse to use list !!!

Post by AndyMH »

What is "Rescue"?
Thinkcentre M720Q - LM21.3 cinnamon, 4 x T430 - LM21.3 cinnamon, Homebrew desktop i5-8400+GTX1080 Cinnamon 19.0
TaterChip
Level 5
Level 5

Post by TaterChip »

Lady Fitzgerald wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:22 pm I've had that opinion for just about everything for some time now. One of my pet peeves is companies requiring that I have a cell phone to be able to business with them. I have a dumb-as-rocks flip phone I got for emergency use; I don't even turn the darned thing on unless I actually need it (which is almost never) to avoid running up my monthly phone bill (I also never activated voice mail). I have a pay-as-you-go plan that I have to pay $5.45/month to keep it active and just loaded up a balance in it). When a company demands my cell phone number, if I can't get away with giving them a fake one, I ask them if they are going to buy me a phone, pay for the plan, buy me a home that can get cell phone reception, and take responsibility to any identity theft the phone causes. Usually, the response is a lone cricket chirping in the distance.
Oh, no, they want you to supply what the need. :wink:

After the latest bombshell about AT&T, I'm pretty sure you are a lot smarter than me.
When it comes to your data... two is one, one is none!
Lady Fitzgerald
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Lady Fitzgerald »

TaterChip wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 7:04 pm
Lady Fitzgerald wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:22 pm I've had that opinion for just about everything for some time now. One of my pet peeves is companies requiring that I have a cell phone to be able to business with them. I have a dumb-as-rocks flip phone I got for emergency use; I don't even turn the darned thing on unless I actually need it (which is almost never) to avoid running up my monthly phone bill (I also never activated voice mail). I have a pay-as-you-go plan that I have to pay $5.45/month to keep it active and just loaded up a balance in it). When a company demands my cell phone number, if I can't get away with giving them a fake one, I ask them if they are going to buy me a phone, pay for the plan, buy me a home that can get cell phone reception, and take responsibility to any identity theft the phone causes. Usually, the response is a lone cricket chirping in the distance.
Oh, no, they want you to supply what the need. :wink:

After the latest bombshell about AT&T, I'm pretty sure you are a lot smarter than me.
They can wait 'till the cows come home (you know, the ones I don't have).
Jeannie

To ensure the safety of your data, you have to be proactive, not reactive, so, back it up!

Return to “Open Chat”