[SOLVED] Donation Info Request

Questions about the project and the distribution - obviously no support questions here please
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
[dcbdbisvet]
Level 1
Level 1

[SOLVED] Donation Info Request

Post by [dcbdbisvet] »

I have just installed Cinnamon 6 (endeavourOS). My system upgraded to Plasma 6.01. It did not go well with my system. Plasma 6.01 is too glitchy now (even under X11, worse under wayland). I went back to Cinnamon, and holly cow! What an awesome desktop!

So My wife and I switched to it on her machine, and on mine. I wish to donate as a tangible token of appreciation. I see the options how to donate...But, I am a retired disabled United States Marine from the Vietnam era. I live on disability now as I'm pushing 70 and I was wounded in the line of duty all those years ago. Been on Linux since 2004. Have used LM a lot, but most of my modern freelance work I do now to stay busy, requires newer packages than LM and LMDE provides. I DO use LM on friends machines though.

Because of my low income, I can only donate $20. My questions is: Is this small amount OK? US Military Disability is NOT affluence, I assure you.

Please advise,

Dave
Last edited by [dcbdbisvet] on Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Donation Info Request

Post by xenopeek »

Hi Dave. Thank you for wanting to support the Linux Mint developers for the work they do. If you look at the most recent monthly news, here https://blog.linuxmint.com/?p=4650, and scroll down a bit you can see what other users gave. About a third gave around $20 so you'd be in good company.
Pierre
Level 21
Level 21

Re: Donation Info Request

Post by Pierre »

Hi dave.,
welcome to our forum
:)

the main issue, here, that all Donations would usually be via PayPal,
although there are now, some other ways, as well.
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.

Return to “Non-technical Questions”