Linux Mint 21.1 PC not waking after being in screensave or suspend mode

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Cornelius
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint 21.1 PC not waking after being in screensave or suspend mode

Post by Cornelius »

I am having issues of my PC not waking correctly from screensaver mode. For example, I will leave the PC overnight, and when I go to move the mouse the next morning to wake it out of screensave mode, and go to enter my password.. the screen is frozen on the login page. The mouse can move, but pressing keyboard buttons does nothing, and the login/password prompts are not showing up. I'm not sure what to do so I just hard restart it with the power button. Could this be a driver issue? The driver manager says that no upgrades are necessary. This only just started happening maybe 3 weeks ago.

Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot the issue of not being able to wake the PC from screensave or suspend mode would be really appreciated! Thanks

Kernel: 6.1.0-1035-oem
Shell: bash 5.1.16
DE: Cinnamon 5.6.8
CPU: 12th gen intel i5-12400
GPU: Intel Device 4692
GPU: AMD ATI Radeon RX 6600
SMG
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Linux Mint 21.1 PC not waking after being in screensave or suspend mode

Post by SMG »

Cornelius wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:14 pmCould this be a driver issue?
You have provided no information about what drivers you are using so there is no way for anyone to be able to answer that question. Please open the System Reports app and click the System Information tab on the left. Your computer's information should come up in the right pane. Then click the Copy button in the lower right and paste the results into a reply window here so we can see how Linux Mint views your hardware.
A woman typing on a laptop with LM20.3 Cinnamon.

Return to “Graphics Cards & Monitors”