[SOLVED] Can no longer load Bluetooth Manager (fix motherboard issue)

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
greentea
Level 3
Level 3

[SOLVED] Can no longer load Bluetooth Manager (fix motherboard issue)

Post by greentea »

I can no longer load the Bluetooth Manager in either Mint Cinnamon 21.2 NOR Mint Cinnamon 21.3. which is a fresh install.
Both installations have the same kernel, 5.15.0-100-generic.

I had a 2nd installation of Cinnamon 21.2 on a separate drive and it was working there with kernel 5.15.0-94 or 5.15.0-97, I don't remember which.
It stopped working there, so I did a fresh install of Cinnamon 21.3.
Bluetooth Manager will not load there either.

In the 21.2 primary installation, which is what I am currently using, I went through all of the commands listed in the following forum post:
viewtopic.php?t=409186

An Icon flashes on briefly in the panel, but that's all.
Last edited by greentea on Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mint 21.3 Cinnamon primary; 21.3 xfce & LMDE 6 installed; home built Core i5-9600K with Asus TUF Z390-Plus Gaming Wi-Fi; RAM 16 GB; Intel UHD Graphics 630; system on: Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 500GB; storage & backup on: WD Black 1TB
greentea
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Can no longer load Bluetooth Manager

Post by greentea »

Update: Thu Mar 14 12:10 pm 2024
-----------------------------------------------

Entered terminal command

Code: Select all

blueman-manager
in Live session boot with Linux Mint Cinnamon 21.3:

Result:
blueman-manager 13.49.55 ERROR Manager:147 on_dbus_name_appeared: Default adapter not found, trying first available.
blueman-manager 13.49.55 ERROR Manager:151 on_dbus_name_appeared: No adapter(s) found, exiting

After reboot into my primary installation, ver. 21.2, entered terminal command

Code: Select all

blueman-manager
Result:
blueman-manager 10.44.11 ERROR Manager:147 on_dbus_name_appeared: Default adapter not found, trying first available.
blueman-manager 10.44.11 ERROR Manager:151 on_dbus_name_appeared: No adapter(s) found, exiting

After reboot:
blueman-manager 11.58.39 ERROR Manager:147 on_dbus_name_appeared: Default adapter not found, trying first available.
blueman-manager 11.58.39 ERROR Manager:151 on_dbus_name_appeared: No adapter(s) found, exiting
Mint 21.3 Cinnamon primary; 21.3 xfce & LMDE 6 installed; home built Core i5-9600K with Asus TUF Z390-Plus Gaming Wi-Fi; RAM 16 GB; Intel UHD Graphics 630; system on: Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 500GB; storage & backup on: WD Black 1TB
greentea
Level 3
Level 3

Re: [SOLVED] Can no longer load Bluetooth Manager (fix motherboard issue)

Post by greentea »

Update: Thu Mar 21 04:34 EDT 2024
-------------------------------------------------
The problem with Blueman was due to a motherboard issue, Not the Blueman software or the Mint O/S.

I was able to get things working with a plugin USB Bluetooth adapter.
However, the motherboard is an Asus TUF Z390-PLUS Gaming (WI-FI), so a Bluetooth adapter was not needed before.

This might be helpful to others, so here is the procedure I used to fix the motherboard problem.
  • Enter the BIOS and select Advanced mode.
  • Select Advanced on the menu and go to the Onboard Devices Configuration.
  • Bluetooth Controller was set to Enabled, so I changed it to Disabled, then Save and Exit and then re-enter the BIOS on reboot.
  • After the reboot, changed the Bluetooth setting back to Enabled then Save and Exit.
After that, Blueman loaded and worked properly in Mint Cinnamon 21.2, 21.3 and XFCE 21.3.

LMDE 6
There were different issues with LMDE 6.
Although the Software Manager showed Blueman as being installed, it never showed up in the system menu.
I tried removing Blueman with Synaptic and then reinstalling, but it still was not in the menu.
I did the same thing with the Software Manager, but that did not work either.
blueman-manager did load successfully from the terminal.
I manually added Blueman to the main menu and it worked OK.
vishneo
Level 1
Level 1

Post by vishneo »

I cant see onboard configuration, please see image at below link

https://ibb.co/64P4jHb
vishneo
Level 1
Level 1

Post by vishneo »

any pointers?

Return to “Software & Applications”