Problem with Wi-Fi connection

Questions about virtualization software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Thalysson Souza
Level 1
Level 1

Problem with Wi-Fi connection

Post by Thalysson Souza »

I'm having problems with the 2.4ghz connection, for some reason when I run the command ping 8.8.8.8 or 1.1.1.1 there are always three results.

1st: ping: semdmsg: No buffer space available

2nd: Destination Host Unreachable

3rd: 64 bytes from 8.8.8.8: icmp_seq=1 tll=114 time=1000 ms

I've been using Linux Mint for a few months, but I've never had a similar problem.
sleeper12
Level 21
Level 21

Re: Problem with Wi-Fi connection

Post by sleeper12 »

I don't know if it helps, but I found this on a linux site:

..... But then after sometimes it automatically again loses internet and if i ping i get """ping: sendmsg: No buffer space available"""
It means you reached a maximum value for a system parameter. Also this message could be caused by a faulty network equipment somewhere on the local network, not necessarily on your computer or something is overflowing the buffer. - I would try and disable the 5GHz side in your router and see if that makes a difference
Thalysson Souza
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Thalysson Souza »

sleeper12 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:33 pm I don't know if it helps, but I found this on a linux site:

..... But then after sometimes it automatically again loses internet and if i ping i get """ping: sendmsg: No buffer space available"""
It means you reached a maximum value for a system parameter. Also this message could be caused by a faulty network equipment somewhere on the local network, not necessarily on your computer or something is overflowing the buffer. - I would try and disable the 5GHz side in your router and see if that makes a difference
So, by usb tethering I can normally. And it's strange that this is happening out of nowhere, I saw in some post that it would be good to test different Wi-Fi networks to see if anything changes because the biggest problem is the ms oscillating above 1000.
powerhouse
Level 6
Level 6

Post by powerhouse »

Do you experience this Wifi problem from within a virtual machine? If not, this would be the wrong forum.

I have nearly no experience with using Wifi from within a VM, as I avoid it like the pest. However, it would be helpful if you share the network configuration of your host and ditto for the guest. I use a bridged network so my configuration is guaranteed different from yours. This is my virt-manager configuration:

Code: Select all

<interface type="bridge">
  <mac address="52:54:00:e1:12:01"/>
  <source bridge="bridge0"/>
  <model type="virtio"/>
  <address type="pci" domain="0x0000" bus="0x01" slot="0x00" function="0x0"/>
</interface>
As I said before, if your problem is not related to virtual machines, you better ask in the "Networking" section here: viewforum.php?f=52
Subjects of interest: Linux, vfio passthrough virtualization, photography
See my blog on virtualization, including tutorials: https://www.heiko-sieger.info/category/ ... alization/

Return to “Virtual Machines”