<SOLVED> LibreWolf icon not showing correctly on desktop

Style your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
orfeluh44
Level 1
Level 1

<SOLVED> LibreWolf icon not showing correctly on desktop

Post by orfeluh44 »

Hello I am having problem with LibreWolf app icon not showing on desktop correctly, it shows paper like icon. But in file manager it shows correctly. Also other icons are showed correctly on desktop like Mozilla and Spotify. Searched already for solution couldn't find one or I didn't understand how to fix it.
Note I am beginner, installed Linux couple of days before, first Installed Cinnamon and then that problem didn't occur, did complete fresh installation with Xfce environment yesterday.

System:
Kernel: 5.15.0-100-generic x86_64 bits: 64 compiler: gcc v: 11.4.0 Desktop: Xfce 4.18.1
tk: Gtk 3.24.33 info: xfce4-panel wm: xfwm 4.18.0 vt: 7 dm: LightDM 1.30.0
Distro: Linux Mint 21.3 Virginia base: Ubuntu 22.04 jammy
Last edited by orfeluh44 on Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
TaterChip
Level 5
Level 5

Re: LibreWolf icon not showing correctly on desktop

Post by TaterChip »

When I was using XFCE, I had this problem all the time. Right click on LibreWolf icon, click properties. Then click the area I have circled. From there you can add your own image to the icon. I have a folder dedicated to Custom Icons that I had to download from the web.
Attachments
ksnip_20240317-064931.jpg
orfeluh44
Level 1
Level 1

Post by orfeluh44 »

LibreWolf Icon selected from all icons showed still wrong icon.
Your solution of downloading icon and using that icon from web solved the issue.

Also I found that after right clicking and Open With→Text Editor, going to Icon=librewolf line and ading .png at the end also solved the issue.
From Icon=librewolf to Icon=librewolf.png.
If anyone else does have that issue this is also solution.

Thank you for help TaterChip.
TaterChip
Level 5
Level 5

Post by TaterChip »

orfeluh44 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:18 am LibreWolf Icon selected from all icons showed still wrong icon.
Your solution of downloading icon and using that icon from web solved the issue.

Also I found that after right clicking and Open With→Text Editor, going to Icon=librewolf line and ading .png at the end also solved the issue.
From Icon=librewolf to Icon=librewolf.png.
If anyone else does have that issue this is also solution.

Thank you for help TaterChip.
thanks for the .png tip

Return to “Themes, Icons & Wallpaper”