Black screen issue

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
kkpp
Level 1
Level 1

Black screen issue

Post by kkpp »

I'm using Linux mint Cinnamon Edition - "EDGE".
Hardware: 12th gen Intel i5 1240p. Nvidia GTX 1650
After installing docker compose I rebooted. nothing showing in desktop. Black screen.( only showing two short cuts that I created earlier).
No menu option, can't open terminal. Mouse working .

Can see lockscreen normally no problem there. But after typing password and login, getting black screen.

I captured a video (link : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-GWiSI ... p=drivesdk )

I'm a noob so I have very limited knowledge about Linux.
SMG
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Black screen issue

Post by SMG »

kkpp wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:00 am I'm using Linux mint Cinnamon Edition - "EDGE".
Welcome to the forum, kkpp.

There is no "EDGE" version of Linux Mint. There are Edge ISOs which install a newer kernel on Linux Mint Cinnamon versions, but there are several of those so we don't know what you are running. Please boot your system to a live session of Linux Mint using your install usb and provide your system information. Please open the System Reports app and click the System Information tab on the left. Your computer's information should come up in the right pane. Then click the Copy button in the lower right and paste the results into a reply window here so we can see how Linux Mint views your hardware.

Did you happen to take a Timeshift snapshot before you installed docker compose?
kkpp wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:00 amAfter installing docker compose...
What specifically does that mean you did? (I'm not familiar with docker compose.)
A woman typing on a laptop with LM20.3 Cinnamon.

Return to “Other topics”