Xbox Wired Controller inputs are not registering correctly

Anything related to gaming on Linux Mint including game discussion or questions concerning Steam or Wine.
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
mrmatt86
Level 1
Level 1

Xbox Wired Controller inputs are not registering correctly

Post by mrmatt86 »

I plugged in my PDP Wired Controller for Xbox Series X - Electric Carbon into my PC running Linux Mint Cinnamon 5.15.0-101-generic. I installed an app known as Greenlight so I could play Xcloud games on my PC. I started Fortnite and noticed that when I got into the home screen, none of my Dpad inputs were registering correctly and some of my other inputs weren't registering such as the xbox button and the start button. I have installed jstest-gtk to ensure all inputs were registering from a hardware standpoint and they are. However, most of the inputs need to be remapped so they are in their proper locations and I'm not sure if I can do that from there. I was wondering if there is anything that I'm doing wrong on my end or if there is a piece of software I could install that would allow me to access all of my inputs correctly or reconfigure them to how I like it.
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Xbox Wired Controller inputs are not registering correctly

Post by 1000 »

Try install qjoypad from Synaptic package manager and test.
It looks like https://snapcraft.io/install/qjoypad-ahimta/ubuntu

Return to “Gaming”