[Solved] Cinnamox-Kashmir-Blue not 100% compatible with 21.3?

Style your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Dan-cer
Level 6
Level 6

[Solved] Cinnamox-Kashmir-Blue not 100% compatible with 21.3?

Post by Dan-cer »

On authors github page it is said that the theme is compatible at least with Cinnamon 5.2.x.
With LM 21.3 Cinnamon version is 6.0.4.
And since upgrade from LM 20.3 one of my qt written programs isn't displayed properly.
Can that be fixed somehow?
Or have I to find an alternative that is 100% compatible to 21.3?
I like the kashmir-blue theme as I prefer dark themes but not black. Any suggestions?

Update:
I found a solution for my address book. At the moment the theme works fine it most cases. Only the KDE app Okular hasn't a continuous black background color in the menu bar, as it appears in all other apps. In Okular the menu tabs themselves have this bg color, with spaces in between and right of the bar. No big deal.
Last edited by Dan-cer on Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
How you get better results when searching for yourself.
Dan-cer
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Cinnamox-Kashmir-Blue might not be 100% compatible with 21.3

Post by Dan-cer »

A new update: I decided to install LMDE 6. I did not format the /home partition and took it over from LM 21.3. I also took over the minor error in the theme obviously.

What is interesting is that the theme works fine with the live USB version of LMDE, even with QT programs like Kid3. How did I find that out? I simply copied the folder ~/.themes of the LM21.3 installation to /home in Live-USB.

The question now arises:
What caused the "bug"? It would have to be configurations that I have dragged along since LM 20.3 because I have not formatted /home. Which settings could these be? What is the easiest way to repair without a complete reinstallation - even with a new /home?

Meaning: How adjust an old /home to the new and a bit different Mint system?

Last update:
I found out that 2 cinnamon folders had to be removed and the .config folder was missing in the new installation. Now all is fine, except I have to do a lot configs anew.
How you get better results when searching for yourself.

Return to “Themes, Icons & Wallpaper”