<SOLVED> Is it possible to set a default size for windows from a specific software?

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
istrs
Level 1
Level 1

<SOLVED> Is it possible to set a default size for windows from a specific software?

Post by istrs »

Like, every time I open Firefox I want it to be a specific size set by default, or VLC (which if you're playing a playlist, it does keep changing size). I'm currently using the Cinnamon DE. (when I keep mentioning size, I mean resolution)
Last edited by istrs on Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
mikeflan
Level 17
Level 17

Re: Is it possible to set a default size for windows from a specific software?

Post by mikeflan »

Type this in a terminal:

Code: Select all

firefox https://stackoverflow.com/ && wmctrl -r "Stack Overflow" -e 200,101,37,1196,936
The resolution cannot easily be changed.
istrs
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Is it possible to set a default size for windows from a specific software?

Post by istrs »

mikeflan wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:44 am Type this in a terminal:

Code: Select all

firefox https://stackoverflow.com/ && wmctrl -r "Stack Overflow" -e 200,101,37,1196,936
The resolution cannot easily be changed.
Cool, I didn't know about wmctrl, it's so fun to use it to manipulate window position/size with it, better than having to keep using mouse to do it and faster. Thanks!! :D

Return to “Beginner Questions”