[SOLVED] Problems with the forum

Suggestions and feedback for Linux Mint and the forums
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read: Where to post ideas & feature requests
diabolicbg
Level 6
Level 6

[SOLVED] Problems with the forum

Post by diabolicbg »

Is it just me since yesterday that the forum is slow and difficult? Yesterday it returned a server error several times and I couldn't log in. Today it opened slow and hard to post. The reply to one of the threads I dropped is duplicated. :(
Last edited by diabolicbg on Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
- You see, in this world there are two kinds of people, my friend, those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. - "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly"

Behind every faulty computer there is a user who did nothing...
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Problems with the forum

Post by xenopeek »

I've not experienced performance issues the past few hours. When you had problems yesterday, was that about 13½ hours ago from the time of my reply? A backup runs once a day at 21:40 CET and that causes a couple of minutes of interruption.
diabolicbg
Level 6
Level 6

Post by diabolicbg »

Thank you!
- You see, in this world there are two kinds of people, my friend, those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. - "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly"

diabolicbg
Level 6
Level 6

Post by diabolicbg »

I ran some tests. FF on LM and Windows work slow and hard with the forum. I also have LibreWolf and Midori installed on LM. With LibreWolf I have the same problem. Only with Midori, which is still on its old version, the forum opens lightning fast. The conclusion I draw is that there is some problem in the latest FF update that is causing the slowdown.

diabolicbg
Level 6
Level 6

Re: [SOLVED] Problems with the forum

Post by diabolicbg »

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”