Lost wired connection after update to 21.3

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Knall_No
Level 1
Level 1

Lost wired connection after update to 21.3

Post by Knall_No »

I had WiFi at work and wired network at home (Rj45 to USB-C dongle). It was Perfect. The machine is a Lenovo Ideapad 3, less than a year old.

After upgrade to Linux Mint 21.3 Cinnamon, I lost the wired connection. It works on ICMP, but not HTTP or SMTP.
I must do all my Internet work on the job.

I've tried to search for "wired" in hope of finding a clue, but users have most often problems with WiFi - which I don't have in my home.

There must be other users who have experienced similar symptoms?
MiZoG
Level 8
Level 8

Re: Lost wired connection after update to 21.3

Post by MiZoG »

Hello Knall_No and welcome to Mint forums

We need to know more about your setup. Open System Reports ---> System Information ---> Press the "Copy" button ---> Paste here into a new post or edit your original.

Additionally, open Terminal, execute (copy/paste with right-click inside Terminal's window) iwconfig ; lsusb and post the output here enclosed in code tags (select the </> symbol from the message toolbar).

What version of Mint you had before upgrading?

Also describe the network setup at home in more detail: usb-c port ideapad (has no ethernet port, right) --> ethernet port of your router via dongle. Is this right? A router without wifi capabilities? Any rule-set there, in your router that may block your new OS?

Return to “Networking”