Produce a Micro SD card with NOOBS for Raspberry Pi - using Linux PC?

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
thomasreed
Level 1
Level 1

Produce a Micro SD card with NOOBS for Raspberry Pi - using Linux PC?

Post by thomasreed »

I'm quite happy with my Linux Mint system. However, I am trying to set up a video display system using a Raspberry PI. There are lots of tutorials about how to format a Micro SD card and install the NOOBS program (a kind of preliminary OS that will install various Pi OS's and programs). Every instruction I have seen uses Win 10 systems. I no longer own ANY Windows computers.

Does anyone have any experience creating just such a Miro SD card? This is for a Raspberry Pi 3B+, which I understand can go beyond the conventional 32GB SD card up to 64 GB cards. I don't want to buy a premade NOOBS card,, because of personal pride, a need to learn, and wanting to save a lot of bucks. Any advice, and possible experience in doing this, would be welcome.
freshminted
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Produce a Micro SD card with NOOBS for Raspberry Pi - using Linux PC?

Post by freshminted »

I had to write (and read) some Rpi4 libreelec images to a microSD card. I used the suggestions on https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread/26651 ... d-creator/. One might help you. I used the dd command at first, but I regard it as a bit dangerous w.r.t mistyping destinations, so I finally went with Disks. USB Image Writer might also help you.
Complete World Domination within five years.

Return to “Other topics”