I got asked unpluged my usb during restart but then got an error for beeing unable to read from a USB drive

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
tolo
Level 1
Level 1

I got asked unpluged my usb during restart but then got an error for beeing unable to read from a USB drive

Post by tolo »

i' got an infinite array of this errors while restarting: SQUASHFS: unable to read data/page.
An information thaqt might be usefull is that i previously tried to install it using unetbootin, but didn't actually went on and installed it.
Before installing it with the usb drive i uninstalled unetbootin, and restarted to check if the boot option still figured, but it didn't.
But maybe just trying to install it with it still causes effects.

What should i do now?
re-plug the usb while the errors still scroll?
shut down my computer?
and then what? i reinstall mint again?
do i have to reset something?
Thanks in advance :D
Pierre
Level 21
Level 21

Re: I got asked unpluged my usb during restart but then got an error for beeing unable to read from a USB drive

Post by Pierre »

Hi tolo,
welcome to our forum
:)

have you tried that usb stick - on any other PCs ?

did you check that the ISO file was correct
https://linuxmint-installation-guide.re ... erify.html
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.
tolo
Level 1
Level 1

Re: I got asked unpluged my usb during restart but then got an error for beeing unable to read from a USB drive

Post by tolo »

hi Pierre, thanks for your help
no i haven't try it on other pc, but im afraid i might cause damage to other pc's if i do so, is my fear justified?
and for the verification, i used balena etcher for flashing the image which, if i understand correctly, verifies the integrity of the image file for you, or does it?

Also, i need to go to sleep, will something bad happen if i forcefully turn off the computer?
mikeflan
Level 17
Level 17

Post by mikeflan »

will something bad happen if i forcefully turn off the computer?
No, not at that point.
but im afraid i might cause damage to other pc's if i do so, is my fear justified?
It is certainly possible to cause damage, but as long as you don't change anything in the bios, and don't hit Install LM when you boot up on the Live Boot, then no damage will be done. If you just select the USB in a boot loader and boot up the USB, it will not damage the computer.
i used balena etcher for flashing the image which, if i understand correctly, verifies the integrity of the image file for you, or does it?
I don't know.

Return to “Installation & Boot”