hda-intel: spurious response 0x0:0x0

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
w2ibc

hda-intel: spurious response 0x0:0x0

Post by w2ibc »

Ok. so this bug has been around awhile yet i cant seem to find any fix to it. it is in ubuntu 9.10 and Mint 8 (im using LXDE right now) in dmesg you get a flood of the below.

[37814.489540] hda-intel: spurious response 0x0:0x0, last cmd=0x1320011
[37814.489561] hda-intel: spurious response 0x0:0x0, last cmd=0x1320011
[37814.489582] hda-intel: spurious response 0x0:0x0, last cmd=0x1320011
[37814.489603] hda-intel: spurious response 0x0:0x0, last cmd=0x1320011

now. this bug will cause sound not to load right. (end up with no sound thus forcing you into maybe rebooting up to 5+ times just to get it back)
also noticed in this bug. any web browser Firefox/opera and flash cause a total sys crash (notice it big time watching youtube videos. and its random. can watch maybe 3 hours of vids on youtube and then crash but can be as quick at 5 mins. so totally random times)

on board sound card
VIA tech. INC VT1708/A [Azalia HDAC] (VIA high def audio controller) (rev 10)

i noticed under ubuntu. the mixer when sound works its listed as VIA VT1708 analog but when you get a crash and have to hard reboot. and you reboot to no sound it lists in the mixer as VIA VT1708 digital.

this bug seems to be pointed at pulse audio and spans many distros

so anyone have any idea how to put this bug finally to rest?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Re: hda-intel: spurious response 0x0:0x0

Post by remoulder »

Try updating your alsa drivers and kernel as outlined here. Replace -wireless- with -alsa- in the backports install.

Also try the solution for HDA here
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.
w2ibc

Post by w2ibc »

the hda-intel: spurious response 0x0:0x0 is now gone.

but the firefox causing sys crash is not. and i cant seem to pinpoint exactly what is causing FF to cause the sys crash.

(its ether a javascript or flash or both im not sure)
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Post by remoulder »

w2ibc wrote:the firefox causing sys crash is not. and i cant seem to pinpoint exactly what is causing FF to cause the sys crash
Could be something in your profile such as an addon. Try running in safe mode or with a new profile to see if you still get crash http://kb.mozillazine.org/Command_line_ ... OS_X_users
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.
rafirafi

Post by rafirafi »

A bug report is open at https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=18512
Time to kill this bug.
mank_in

Post by mank_in »

maybe is to late to reply , but i have same problem with mobo ECS PM900 with via Hd audio .
Solution for me is :

- navigate to folder /etc/modprobe.d , open alsa-base.conf as root
- add line : options snd-hda-intel single_cmd=1
- save, and reboot.

I hope this helps anyone who has same problem with VIA VT1708 audio. It's work for me in LM 11,12, and 13.
ivancarrerah

Post by ivancarrerah »

mank_in wrote:maybe is to late to reply , but i have same problem with mobo ECS PM900 with via Hd audio .
Solution for me is :

- navigate to folder /etc/modprobe.d , open alsa-base.conf as root
- add line : options snd-hda-intel single_cmd=1
- save, and reboot.

I hope this helps anyone who has same problem with VIA VT1708 audio. It's work for me in LM 11,12, and 13.
Thank you so much! I have been spending so much time and energy!

Return to “Hardware Support”