Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
android73
Level 1
Level 1

Location of System Icon files

Post by android73 »

Hi,

Can anyone tell me where the standard system icons are located? For example, when I am browsing in Nautilus to view available drives(internal, external, cdrom etc.), some of the icons are missing and showing up as a generic icon. I was messing around with customizing icons recently and somehow I screwed this up. Also, when I am plugging in my external usb hard drive I get a generic icon on the desktop as well. I don't seem to find them in the usr/share/pixmaps folder like all the other icons. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
mmesantos1
Level 8
Level 8

Re: Location of System Icon files

Post by mmesantos1 »

android73 wrote:Hi,

Can anyone tell me where the standard system icons are located? For example, when I am browsing in Nautilus to view available drives(internal, external, cdrom etc.), some of the icons are missing and showing up as a generic icon. I was messing around with customizing icons recently and somehow I screwed this up. Also, when I am plugging in my external usb hard drive I get a generic icon on the desktop as well. I don't seem to find them in the usr/share/pixmaps folder like all the other icons. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Well most icons can be found in either /home/user/icons or /usr/share/icons. Make sure the icon theme you are using is copied in both of the folders and you should have that icon set system wide.
android73
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Location of System Icon files

Post by android73 »

Ok, thanks so much for the help!

Return to “MATE”