Linuxmint partially down saturday

Releases and other announcements.
Please don't post support questions here
Forum rules
Section reserved for the team. You can reply to announcements here but not post new topics.Please do not add support questions to threads here,use the appropriate support forum instead
Husse
Level 23
Level 23

Linuxmint partially down saturday

Post by Husse »

linuxmint.com was unreachable during Saturday and part of Friday and Sunday. This seems to have something to do with nameservers and it also seems that it affected different parts of the world at different times. The server itself worked fine the whole time.
Linuxmint.de (with download pages), the IRC channel and the torrent tracker were not affected.
We don't know why we're back no more than why we disappeared, more than that is seems to be a nameserver problem.
Investigation continues...
Last edited by Husse on Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't fix it if it ain't broken, don't break it if you can't fix it
verdegal37

Post by verdegal37 »

Hello Husse , to my it continues me giving many problems (404 FORBIDEN) :x
Greetings;
Agust
akshunj

Post by akshunj »

Maybe someone can use this thread over at linuxquestions to update the masses if the site goes down again. I thought "The Man" had discovered the great work that was happening over here and had shut everything down! Scary, dude...

--Akshun J
Husse
Level 23
Level 23

Post by Husse »

If you get 403 Forbidden you get the unfortunate result of an error when someone is searching in the forum - we move the forum to a lighttpd server as it was very slow and for some reason this happens.
Don't fix it if it ain't broken, don't break it if you can't fix it
cmost
Level 4
Level 4

Dashed hopes...

Post by cmost »

And here we were, thinking when Linux.mint reappeared it would sport news of a super fast server and a brand new gold copy of Daryna for download! :-) But alas, it was merely a glitch. <sigh>
verdegal37

Post by verdegal37 »

@Husse , thanks by the your answer.
Greetings:
Agust
rps63ifid
Level 1
Level 1

Post by rps63ifid »

See also: http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions ... ..-598577/

I started that thread wondering if it was a problem on my end. The thread has some diagnostics from 'dig' another LQ reader ran that may (or may not) help...

--
/ron
merlwiz79
Level 8
Level 8

Re: Site down tip

Post by merlwiz79 »

geneven wrote:irc.spotchat.org has a #linuxmint channel, which is useful in such emergencies. It had a link to the working German site, for example.Before I would bother troubleshooting my own setup, I would check there to get a clue how widespread the problem is.
If you don't have an irc client use this link.
http://gogloom.com/SpotChat/linuxmint.com/CHAT

Here is how to added it to your irc client.
http://linuxmint.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=22
Fragadelic
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Linuxmint partially down saturday

Post by Fragadelic »

Husse wrote:linuxmint.com was unreachable during Saturday and part of Friday and Sunday. This seems to have something to do with nameservers and it also seems that it affected different parts of the world at different times. The server itself worked fine the whole time.
Linuxmint.de (with download pages), the IRC channel and the torrent tracker were not affected.
We don't know why we're back no more than why we disappeared, more than that is seems to be a nameserver problem.
Investigation continues...
Good to see you guys back up. It wasn't resolving where I am here in Canada.

Return to “Releases & Announcements”