Download link for Linux Mint 1.0 ADA

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
mychance

Download link for Linux Mint 1.0 ADA

Post by mychance »

Hi !

I would be curious to try version 1.0 of this marvelous distro. All the mirrors I have looked in start from version 3.1 up.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
mychance

Re: Download link for Linux Mint 1.0 ADA

Post by mychance »

Perhaps I was not specific enough with my request. Here it is in simple words:

Where can I find version 1.0 of Linux Mint ?

Thanks in adavance :)
sgosnell

Post by sgosnell »

About the only thing that comes to mind is "Why?". I'm not even sure there ever was a 1.0. It's based on Ubuntu, and didn't start until well after Ubuntu's first release. In any case, running an old version of any distro is like wanting to run Windows 2.0. It's old, and it doesn't work as well as a newer version.
proxima_centauri

Post by proxima_centauri »

Most of the LInux Mint mirrors in the Downloads section, offer Linux Mint 3.1, that appears to be the earliest version available - although you may find earlier with more digging.
proxima_centauri

Post by proxima_centauri »

Found one Croatian mirror:

ftp://linux-ds.unidu.hr/linuxmint/LinuxMint-1.0-BETA-007.iso
mychance

Post by mychance »

sgosnell wrote:About the only thing that comes to mind is "Why?". I'm not even sure there ever was a 1.0. It's based on Ubuntu, and didn't start until well after Ubuntu's first release. In any case, running an old version of any distro is like wanting to run Windows 2.0. It's old, and it doesn't work as well as a newer version.
No, I wouldn't be the type to trade off my laser printer for an old typewriter :) I just happen to learn a lot about LInux by exploring how thing got evolved from the simplest thing to the more sophisticated. It reminds me each time how wonderful those distros already were at the beginning. By the way, VirtualBox has become my new toy lately and it allows me to load any live CD iso's in a virtual environement without having to burn nor install anything. Greatest thing !

Many thanks to proxima_centauri for the download link ! LinuxMint 1.0 worked right out of the (Virtual)Box and here is a screen capture.
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Post by exploder »

Wow! Thanks for posting, it's been a long time since I saw that. :D

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”